Pork Schnitzel Chops with Apple Red Cabbage
A favorite as the summer months wind down and fall approaches. You can use freshly harvested apples for the cabbage for that extra special flavor.
· 1 Medium Sized Bone in Pork Chop
· 1 Egg
· 1 cup Panko Bread Crumb
· 1 cup all-purpose flour
· 1tbsp all-purpose seasoning (we used Joseph-Que Craft Rubs Dom’s Magic Dust)
Red Cabbage and Apples
· 1 tbsp olive oil
· 1 onion, finely sliced
· 6 Cups of Cabbage
· 2 Red Apples, halved, cored and thinly sliced
· 4tbsp white wine vinegar
· 2 tsp sugar
1) Make the sauerkraut. Gently heat the oil in a large pan. Add the onion and cook for 6-8 minutes, until soft. Add the cabbage, apples, vinegar and sugar. Toss together with a good pinch of salt. Cover and simmer for 30-35 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2) Meanwhile combine flour with all-purpose seasoning and dust pork chop with the flour and dip into the egg. Press into the panko to coat.
3) Add tbsp olive oil to pan and put over medium heat on your grill. When hot, cook the schnitzel each side about 3 mins each or until cooked to 145° internal temperature with a thermometer
4) Drain over paper towel and serve with apple sauerkraut.