Cedar Planked Grilled Steelhead Trout with Creamy Dijon Dill Garlic Sauce.
Updated: Jul 23, 2020
Cedar Planked Grilled Steelhead Trout with Creamy Dijon Dill Garlic Sauce
This recipe will turn non fish people into believers. Its all about the creamy dill sauce that satisfies the finickiest of palates
· 1lb Steelhead (Salmon will work too)
· 1 Cedar Plank
· 2 Pinches of Kosher Salt
· 2 Pinches of Black Pepper
· 2 Pinches of Fresh Dill
· 1 Shake of Dom's Magic Dust from Joseph-Que Craft rubs or your favorite all-purpose seasoning
· 1 TBSP unsalted Butter
· 1 Cup Chicken Broth
· 3 Cloves of Garlic Minced
· 3/4 cup heavy cream (more if needed)
· 1 Tbsp fresh chopped dill
· 1 1/2 TBSP Dijon Mustard
1) Start by soaking your cedar plank in water for at least 1 hour.
2) Next prepare your fire and char one side of your cedar plank.
3) While charring season your trout with salt, pepper, and shake of Dom's dust.
4) Next flip your plank and place filets skin side down on your planks and cook till desired doneness or fish flesh is flaky.
5) For the sauce get a Dutch oven or sauté pan heated over medium heat and drop in butter.
6) Once butter melts add garlic and sauté till light brown.
7) Next add chicken broth and deglaze and reduce by half. Then add heavy cream, dill and mustard and stir till smooth and warmed.
8) Plate by pouring sauce on bottom of plate and laying fish over top of sauce.